Saturday, September 7, 2013

To Blog or Not to Blog?

To blog or not to blog? That is the question. This post marks 60 consecutive days of blog entries. The goal was 63 days.

In my first blog post, Why 63 Days, I wrote about my intention for the blog.
"This journal will be my own 63-day walk to focus on faith, love, and time to discover what God will reveal to me as the next stage of my life. I invite you to join me on the adventure and discover your own "miracles" along the way!"

I posted a photo of the Tower of Terror at Atlantis Resort. I remember feeling like I was on that Tower of Terror when I hit the enter button to post the first of the 63-day posts. I thought to myself could I really make the commitment? would anyone care to read it? what if I can't think of something to write about every day?  I initially sent the link to a few close friends and invited them to follow. Then, gradually, I worked up the courage to post it for my Facebook friends, and then the Miracle of Belief Page, and eventually the Heart Heroes page. And then I started telling people I would meet about the blog and how they could find it.

I really have no idea how many people this blog is actually reaching.  I see that there are a lot of views each day. And I've received some wonderful emails from people saying things like "I look forward to reading your blog each day", "I feel like you are speaking to me directly", "Thank you, I needed to hear that".



The truth is that I have immensely enjoyed writing this blog, whether anyone is reading it or not! The words have flowed easily most days. And I have a long list of topics to write about! Maybe this collection of writing will eventually become my second book. I have also thought about whether the goal of the blog has been satisfied? I can say that it truly has been a "faith walk" for me. I read or listen to positive, uplifting books and devotionals daily. And I've implemented a daily habit of reading bible passages. I've also discovered that you can "google" bible passage topics which can be fun!

The biggest transformation for me in the last 61 days, has been about getting very clear about my goals and purpose and creating a plan for the next stage of my life...which feels like a lot of puzzle pieces coming together. I didn't accomplish every goal I set out to achieve, however, I feel I've made some amazing progress.

So, back to the question...to Blog or Not to Blog? Should I keep going? Can I do another 63-days consecutively? It's certainly a time commitment. It does require mental focus each day.  And then the real question...am I doing this for myself? or am I helping someone else in the process? Hmmm....maybe its both? Or maybe it doesn't matter if it's one but not the other. Either one would be enough.


"Remember: You are the only person on this planet with your story. What's the point of being here unless you share it, pass it on, and help somebody else?"~from the book Just Who Will You Be? by Maria Shriver

I'm going to make a personal request...If you are reading this blog, or if you've been reading over the past 60 days, will you take a moment to send me a personal message with any feedback? It can be as simple as "Yes, keep going." or "stop wasting your time"! Or you can share what you've gained or what your favorite post has been. Send the message to: sondradubas@cox.net. Or you can message me on Facebook as a friend or on the Miracle of Belief Page.

Love and Prayers,
Sondra




1 comment:

  1. Sondra, your stories and words have inspired and motivated me in many ways. I think you're doing a wonderful job here and love reading about your topics, the way you work through things, and what you take out of your struggles. I think they're very poignant and in-depth - they really pertain to my life. Thank you for what you're doing and I hope you continue on with this!!

    ReplyDelete