Monday, September 9, 2013

Loosen the Grip

This post seems somehow very appropriate as the last of 63 days of consecutive posts!

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. ~Hebrews 11:1

Recently my pastor asked the question, "What do you hold as your true North? As your Core? As your absolute pillar?"

He shared the story of Abraham and that at the end of his life after all he had accomplished through the Lord, he is only credited for his "Faith".  He was asked to leave his land and family and everything and travel to a distant unknown land. This would not be an easy fate for anyone to accept.  He had to learn to "let go" of everything and trust his calling.

The message was that we have to loosen our grip on our own power and plans and sink deeper into Faith, because our plan is already written!  The lesson was also about not trying to constantly take the reigns, and control and try to remain independent. Instead, our God wants us to fully rely on him as our source of strength. This isn't the first time in the last 63 days that this message has fallen on my ears. It probably won't be the last, as it seems I need to be constantly reminded!

Because I am continually moved my music. This song helps me create the "refrain" in my head that reminds me that I need to stop always trying to be self-sufficient and in control.

“Lord, I Need You” lyrics
Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You’re the One that guides my heart
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I’ll fall on You
Jesus, You’re my hope and stay
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
You’re my one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You





Loosen the grip on the plans you so desperately are trying to fulfill. What "phasod" about your life are you holding onto? Be still, just for a moment. And "listen" to what God is calling you to faithfully do and trust. Simply trust.

Love and Prayers
Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment