Thursday, September 12, 2013

Karma Day

It's been one of those kind of "karma" days. Ironic since I blogged yesterday that "what you think about you bring about". I don't recall thinking about the things that came about today. You know one of those kind of days that when one thing goes wrong, everything seems to go haywire..husband at the ER, kids fighting in the back seat, soda spilled in the car, broken glass in the kitchen.

So what do ya do? I like to look on the bright side of life. Find the silver lining. Discover the lessons learned. I'll be honest, I have been grumpy and mad today and not too interested in seeking out the positive in the craziness of our day. Nothing I seemed to have planned, went as planned. Thank goodness a friend recommended to me a few days ago that I google "Nick no arms no legs". Let me tell you, today was the day I needed to be introduced to Nick!

If you've never heard of Nick Vujicic, you need to check him out. He was born without hands or feet. Yet his attitude toward life is amazing. I watched several of his videos on YouTube today. In fact, I couldn't get enough. He's married, has a child, has written books, traveled the world, and has an amazing career teaching others about the how obstacles can become opportunities.

Let me tell you, If you are having a bad day, imagine getting through your busy day without hands or feet. Picture your life without being able to walk or care for your own basic needs, or hold your spouse's hand. I am so glad I met Nick today, because it was a huge lesson in humility. I love his motto, "No arms, no legs, no worries." What an amazing attitude!



I had my girls sit down with me tonight and watch the YouTube video of him surfing with Bethany Hamilton. They were in awe and had a million questions. Can you imagine surfing without arms or legs! This man has an amazing heart and mind and attitude! Having a pity party that needs to end? Watch a few of the videos about Nick! Check him out at http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org  and http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com.  

An absolute  "must watch" video about overcoming hopelessness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc.  I believe EVERYONE needs to see this video of his talk.

Love and Prayers,
Sondra

P.S. Tomorrow is a new day!




No comments:

Post a Comment