Sunday, July 28, 2013

Transformation of Thoughts

After visiting the rehabilitation hospital a couple days ago, I was reminiscing about the time we spent there. I was thinking about the impossible and how it became possible. In my book Miracle of Belief, I share many of the coping strategies we used to help our daughter heal and to get through that time in our lives. I realized that while our daughter went through a transformation of healing, our family went through a transformation as well.

This 63-day blog about Faith, Love, and Time is based on the fundamental principles we followed during that time of transformation.  However, the real goal is to discover ways that we can all achieve transformation in our daily lives.  I believe we all want something different in our lives than what currently exists. Whether that is improved relationships, finances, health, a better job, uncovering purpose or discovering our passion. Everyone is seeking "something". We are wired that way.  What are you seeking? This blog is about discovering the ingredients to achieve what you really want.  It's about committing to 63 days of discovery and transformation.

I decided to focus the daily blogs for this next week on "Transformation".  I'm going to break it down, based on the principles I wrote about in Miracle of Belief. And it starts with your thoughts. What do you spend the majority of your time thinking about? Is it your problems? What you don't want? Or what you feel your life lacks? The law of attraction states that what you think about and focus your energy is exactly what you're going to get.

I propose we focus on positive thought...on the "possibilities".


This is exactly what we did to encourage our daughter's healing, and to help ourselves cope. We wore rubber bands on our wrists and snapped them when we had negative thoughts. We hung up happy pictures and surrounded ourselves with inspiring music, books, and people that were positive thinkers.

Don't get me wrong, we had some really deep, dark, scary thoughts. And at times, they were pretty hard to chase away. But we prayed and read and forced ourselves to believe and "Expect a Miracle".  Maybe for you it's mountain of debt or a failing marriage or a teenage child that's struggling. Whatever it is I guarantee if you continue to focus on the problem or what you "don't want", you will continue to bring that negative energy into your life.


One strategy I've used it to actually sit down and write out all the negative, worse case thoughts that are flooding my mind. Then I make a new sheet and write a different statement to offset every single one of the negative statements. Rip up the old sheet, shred it, burn it. Whatever you need to do. Post the new sheet somewhere that you can visually see it and read it throughout your day.

Change your thoughts and you change your world!

Love and Prayers,
Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment