Saturday, July 27, 2013

Give it a Rest

My girls are spending a weekend at the farm with Grandma. I had originally planned to get a lot of work done with the house being quiet. I expected that my husband and I would do something fun that we don't normally do and go out on the town! And instead, I've come down with some sort of bug and I've been rather ill all day.  At first I was feeling guilty that I wasn't getting my work projects done. Ok, had to let go of that. Then I was feeling disappointed that we weren't going out to do something fun. Ok, had to let go of that. It's such a beautiful day. I'm missing out on enjoying it.

Yes it is a beautiful day! And even though I'm feeling under the weather, I realized some quiet, peaceful time at home is probably just what I needed. Sometimes when you are in go-go-go-mode, your body eventually shuts down. It's the signal, that you just need to slow it down. Give it a rest. I had been looking forward to a "quiet" weekend, and that is exactly what I'm getting!
"...for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his."
Hebrews 4:10

Enjoy this beautiful day!

Love and Prayers,
Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment