Thursday, July 25, 2013

Reap What You Sow

One of the great things I've noticed about embarking on this 63 day journey of Faith, Love and Time is the awareness that is created. I pay attention and see signs that I think I would otherwise miss. And I find that interesting things happen.

For instance, in the past two days I have had no less than six messages in different media and sources delivered to me about the notion of "reaping what you sow". It started yesterday when I was watching a "Mentorship Moment" with Keith Kochner on one of my favorite online communities, Mentorfish.com. Bob Harrison was a guest speaker and he was talking about the bible and this very concept. I read my morning devotions and this was the topic again. And it continued on in several other places yesterday. The theme of "reaping what you sow" and that you don't get anything without first giving. It just kept popping up all day. And then a friend sent me an email about a book called "How to Be Like Jesus" which talked about planting seeds, caring for those seeds, and reaping a plentiful harvest. I almost wrote yesterday's blog about it because it seemed like a recurring theme, but I didn't.

And so, it showed up again today!  Of course! This MUST be a message I really needed to hear! First thing this morning, there it was again, and a couple more times today...this notion of planting seeds and reaping a plentiful harvest.  But the message kept coming very clear, that the seeds must first be planted. And this is where faith enters the picture!

How often do we struggle and then give up because we aren't seeing the results we expected? One of the articles I read today made an interesting point:
God has the tough end of the deal. What if instead of planting the seed you had to make the tree? That would keep you up late at night, trying to figure that one out.

And the bible says...sow and reap!

Isaiah 37:30 "This will be the sign for you. O Hezekiah: "This year you will eat what grows by itself, and the second year what springs from that. But in the third year sow and reap, plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
And so what areas of your life are you expecting results that you're not getting? In your work? Your marriage? Your finances? Your friendships? Your health? I can check several of those boxes. 

I "heard" the message today! And so it's time to get busy planting some seeds! Get busy giving more and expecting less in return!

Love and Prayers,
Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment