Monday, July 29, 2013

Decide and then Look Forward

Transformation starts with deciding on a goal, an outcome, a desired result and setting your sites on achieving it "no matter what". It take resilience, stamina, discipline, courage, and a burning desire. It means putting your blinders on and only looking forward. A caterpillar doesn't sit and ponder whether it needs to create a cocoon in order to morph into a butterfly. It just knows, and does it.

From Joel Osteen:

The Apostle Paul was full of fire and brought this attitude into his everyday life: I'm forgetting what lies behind, and I'm pressing forward (Philipians 3:13)....Shake off the disappointments and say to yourself, "I'm throwing away my rear view mirror. I'm not looking back anymore at the mistreatment or the times when I got the short end of the stick...I'm looking straight ahead. I'm pressing forward, knowing God has good things in store for me."

Joel Osteen continues:
Nobody can put god's fire in your soul. I can encourage you. Your friends can cheer you on. but it's not going to do any good until you put your foot down and make a decision to move forward with God.
That's right. I've been getting a lot of advice lately about "just making a decision" and then committing yourself fully to doing it! This can be relevant in many aspects of your life. The truth of the matter is that whatever you are trying to achieve, you can't get there by having one foot in and one foot out. You have to be fully committed. You have to "decide".

How badly do you want it? What are you willing to sacrifice without it? What are you willing to live with if you don't achieve the goal? Are you willing to stay a caterpillar the rest of your life? Do you want to be forever trapped in the dark cocoon? Or do you want to break free and spread your beautiful butterfly wings and fly?

As I think back to our daughter's healing journey, we had one single burning desire on our minds. That was to take our little girl home as the beautiful walking, talking girl we knew. And we decided we could settle for nothing less.  Would we have accepted less it were God's will, of course. But we didn't think about settling we just "expected the miracles would come". And they did.

You get to decide! And then go forward fully in faith!

Love and Prayers,
Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment