Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pink Snake

I really did not intend to write about "fear" again. But I am compelled to write about this because I've been trying to rationalize something all day.

It's a little strange. Most people don't care for snakes. Some people are afraid of them. I have a phobia when it comes to snakes! I know it's a phobia because I scream, feel panic course through my body, and then I begin to hyper-ventilate.  Just thinking about or talking about snakes makes the hair on my body stand up.

So when I screamed in the middle of the night last night, sat up in bed and began to hyper-ventilate, you can imagine that my husband was a little bit concerned! When I was a kid I used to have dreams about snakes a lot, especially when I was sick and would have a fever. As an adult, it's something that's rarely happened. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had a dream about snakes. I'm actually a really sound sleeper and rarely wake up. I don't have dreams very often, or at least that I recall. But last night the dog was ill and kept waking us up, so I wasn't sleeping very soundly.

In my dream I was in bed and woke up to realize I had a snake wrapped around my chest. I cautiously croaked to Tim to get it off of me and so he yanked it away and tossed it to the floor. Immediately, it began trying to crawl back up.  I peered over the bedside and there it was hissing up at me. This is when I woke up, breathing heavily and feeling completely creeped out! I actually had to turn the light on and look over the edge of my bed to be sure it was just a dream.  Now, here's the really odd thing. The snake was pink! Yes, a very pretty pink color! So even though it was creepy, it was a nice snake? Maybe?

As you can imagine, I've been thinking all day what symbolism this dream might have! So I googled and found a Dream Moods website that gives opinions on various symbols and themes in your dream.

This is what is says about snakes in your dreams:
To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced.   If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. 
As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change.
Hmm. Well I've been really focused on building my faith, yet I was definitely afraid in the dream. I can't say I fear sex or intimacy. So does it have something to do with commitment? Hmm, maybe it's about "focus" which is something I've been working on. And, on a positive note it can represent transformation and self-renewal...positive change!  So, I'm going to "chose" to believe that's what the snake symbolized.

But what does the pink color mean? Here's what the website says about the color pink in dreams:
Pink represents love, joy, sweetness, happiness, affection and kindness. Being in love or healing through love is also implied with this color. 
So there it is! I'm going to believe that a pink snake is telling me that my life is about to change to encompass more love, joy, sweetness, happinesss, affection and kindness!  That's a wonderful translation! Who wouldn't want more happiness in their life!

I think this dream also tells me that I've "awakening" to the signs that will continue to be revealed to me along this 63-day journey of Faith,  Love, Time!

I'm looking forward to a good night of rest tonight!

Love and Prayers,

Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment