Saturday, August 24, 2013

Neutralizing Dream Stealers

Have you ever had a moment when you feel this complete sense of clarity of purpose where you just feel it in your bones that you are on the path intended for you.... and then someone comes along and crushes your dream? These people are called "dream stealers".

"Life's full of lots of dream-stealers always telling you you need to do something more sensible. I think it doesn't matter what your dream is, just flight the dream-stealers and hold onto it. ~Bear Grylls

Of course there are those people that love you so much they genuinely don't want to see you fail. And then there are those people that life is passing by. They have no dreams, or have given up on theirs, and so they are jealous and can't stand to see you have a full life. Or perhaps, their version of what a full life looks like is not the same as yours.

So, when that person comes along and gives you the thumbs down (I think of Simon Cowell with his scowl)...


I say this... first of all, don't let that one person's opinions define you. Don't let their fears, opinions, weaknesses, and inhibitions decrease your value. This is the time to stand firm in knowing that you ARE on the right path. Stay aligned and hold true to your vision and you WILL persevere. You will not be defined by what others think and say. They don't know what you know and what you feel in your heart.

Put yourself in that person's shoes and it will help you neutralize your reaction. Perhaps they can't support you or are trying to keep you stuck/small because of something they fear.  It may not be about you at all. Don't take it personally. 


And then I say to you that perhaps that person can not see all the potential that is locked up inside of you. But it is there. You know it is there. You feel it. I tell you, unlock that potential and SHOW them your true potential, not through words but through ACTIONS.



And then GO DO IT!
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7
Love and Prayers,

Sondra




No comments:

Post a Comment