Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fresh Start

This week is the week that many kids are starting back to school.  One of our Pastor's started a recent Sunday service with the analogy that starting a new school year is a fresh start. I loved this analogy and wanted to share it in my blog!  A new school year means there are new notebooks without any stains, new pencils that are sharp and crisp, a clean slate of opportunity for good grades and good behavior. Everyone has crisp new clothes and shiny new shoes.  And an attitude of enthusiasm for the new school year and all the amazing possibilities! Whether your in grade school or in college, the feeling is all the same.



By the end of the year there may be disappointments; back packs and notebooks show their wear and tear. There may have been less than perfect grades and even some detentions and disappointments.  The clean slate we started out with at the beginning of the school year might not be seem so clean and fresh anymore.

In God's eyes, we confess our sins and have a clean slate...always. Why not wipe your slate clean today? You have the power to decide to forgive yourself or others for the past and decide to start fresh!  Use this season of fresh starts to make your own fresh start!

And then I discovered this really cool bible verse:

God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. Don't throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me. Bring me back from gray exile, put a fresh wind in my sails! ~Psalm 51:10-12

Love and Prayers,
Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment