Friday, August 23, 2013

Make Lemonade

I had the honor and privilege today to do a presentation with my 12-year-old daughter at the rehabilitation hospital where she spent 12 weeks recovering from a stroke 5 years ago. I'm so proud of her. She has experienced so much adversity, yet she has no fear of standing up in front of a group of people and sharing her story. At such a young age, she has learned that when you go through a difficult situation, the best thing you can do is learn from that experience and then turn it into an opportunity to help others.  As the saying goes..."When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade!"



Or as my daughter said today, "When Life Gives You Cookies, Eat them!!" Oh how I laughed at that phrase!

Being in the moment today, standing side-by-side at the podium with my child gave me a great sense of clarity, knowing that I'm doing what God has called me to do. Knowing that we have stepped up to the plate. Doing what God calls us to do is not always easy work. It is, however, rewarding when you can look into the eyes of another person and know their pain and tell them that there is hope. And you are convicted in your words because you've felt their pain and you've witnessed the miracle. And you can promise them that their miracle is on its way.

Love and Prayers
Sondra


No comments:

Post a Comment